Work Plan 2017-2019, English
The Assembly approved a new work plan for the period of 2017-19 in October 2016 in Indonesia. The WGEA has not changed the established goals set for the previous work periods. The work plan will be presented to the XXII INCOSAI in December 2016 in United Arab Emirates.
Proposed goals for the work period of 2014-2016 are:
- Goal 1: Up-date existing and develop new guidance materials available to SAIs, conduct research studies on emerging topics in environmental auditing.
- Goal 2: Facilitate concurrent, joint, and coordinated audits.
- Goal 3: Enhance information dissemination, exchange, and training.
- Goal 4: Increase cooperation between the WGEA, international organizations and other INTOSAI bodies.
Main activities of the work plan are as follows:
- Prepare research projects on
- Visibility on Environmental Auditing;
- Environmental Health;
- Greening Cities;
- Water Sanitation (Waste Water);
- Develop Audit Guidelines on
- Climate Change : Strengthen resilience and adaptive capacity to climate-related hazards and natural disasters
- Auditing Agriculture and Food Production
- Auditing Land Organization and Soil Quality Management
- Delivering the 2030 Agenda (SDGs) through Environmental Auditing
- Develop training tools on
- Greening the SAIs
- Environmental Data: Resources and Options for SAIs
- Develop an e-learning course (MOOC) on environmental auditing
- Update the Guidance Material on Auditing Biodiversity: Guidance for Supreme Audit Institutions – In Collaboration with CBD
- Provide training opportunities regionally and globally; and
- Provide on-going communication and outreach with INTOSAI community as well as external organizations, such as UNEP, UNFCCC, and World Bank.